Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Productivity Engineering team delivers force-multiplying software solutions that enable all Twilio engineers to ship products with elite performance - fast and with confidence. At the heart of our product offering is the tool chain managing the most valuable technology asset of Twilio - the source code. Our source code management system and tools are the most critical parts of the engineering tool chain as it provides the interface for developers to ship changes to Twilio’s customers..
In this role, you will be a senior member of the team that owns and innovates the tools to manage and protect all Twilio’s source code. Your engineering and technical leadership efforts will materially influence how engineers engage in the software development process and fuel this strategically-differentiating capability for the entire company.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has the following experiences:
- You were materially involved in scaling a mid-sized company’s source code management, build and continuous delivery pipeline by building and improving developer platform solutions.
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering software using Containers/Kubernetes
- 5+ years of experience in source code management system administration and integration into the developer’s experience.
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the following solutions: build frameworks (mvn, gradle etc), CI/CD Systems (Github Actions, Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis, CircleCi), Artifact repositories (Yum, Nexus, pypi, Artifactory, NPM)
- 5+ years of experience with OOP (e.g. Java), and infrastructure design / coding skills
- 3+ years of experience with IaaS (e.g. Amazon EC2 or similar elastic computing facilities)
- Experienced Java developer
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc)
- Experience with Artifact management solutions: Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Experience with Java and/or Python build, packaging and testing solutions
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Productivity Engineering team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Identify and document opportunities and propose solutions to improve developer productivity. Design software solutions to review with partners and engineering leadership within the greater platform team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new tooling and approaches from internal and external sources to increase productivity in software development at Twilio.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of source code management system development and implementation including strategy formation, developing use cases and Proof of Concept, coding and developing new products and integrations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all multi-functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our engineering leadership. Mentoring junior members of the team. Solutions you deliver will empower our customers to efficiently ship product changes.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Be intellectually honest when evaluating tools, conducting due diligence, and determining development strategy and execution with your team members.
The Productivity Engineering team is central to Twilio’s focus on the customers. We work closely with senior engineering leadership and product teams to guide engineering practices for optimal velocity and quality. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating and implementing solutions for source code management, build and testing and artifact management which perform an integral role to an efficient and confident continuous integration and delivery solution. Our team enables success for Twilio by saving engineering time and efforts.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.