Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 45 billion emails a month for more than 250,000 customers, including some of the biggest global companies like Ebay, Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Product Manager to help lead products that enable Twilio SendGrid to support customers across all of our product lines.
Twilio is looking for a product leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing complex products. They also have:
- Strong Customer Focus: To seek deep understanding of target customers to understand their problems, and arrive at elegant solutions to those problems.
- Strategic View: To absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy, prioritize the backlog, and make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis.
- Tenacious Drive for Outcomes: To convey problem statements and solutions to engineering with credibility and conviction, and drive highly productive outcomes across the scrum teams you lead.
- Cross Functional Leader Mindset: To communicate clearly and crisply, to pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported, and to develop trusting relationships internally that can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes.
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- 5+ years experience working with AWS, Google, Azure or other public cloud providers
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Through interviews, understand your target users, their core problems, and validate solutions.
- DRAW THE OWL: Navigate the problem space complexity to manage the opportunity backlog and planning for quarterly roadmaps for Account Model & Billing program.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work cross-functionally to ensure engineering projects are successfully launched and achieve intended business goals.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Communicate your projects internally to stakeholders, to our customers, and to our partners.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, communicating prioritization decisions, and delivering projects via a Scaled Agile development process.
The Email Platform team is central to Twilio SendGrid’s continued product growth. We work closely with all product teams to enable the ability for our customers to use and pay for new products and features. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing changes to the way we help our customers manage their Twilio SendGrid accounts across products, support existing or new business models, and ensure customers have a smooth and consistent experience.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Irvine, CA office or fully remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
$96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks