Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a global head of Services Sales. This role will be responsible for building out a Professional Services sales team, executing against a plan to deliver customer success, improve processes, and meeting or exceeding financial targets. As Services Sales head, this leader will work cross-functionally, selling our defined services offerings, leading to rapid growth in adoption of Twilio products, offerings and use cases into new markets, as well as our customers’ ecosystems.
This role will report directly to the VP of Global Professional Services. Requirements include:
- 12+ years of experience in professional services or sales, ideally within a software company
- Experience in landing key initiatives, education of offerings and services and sales process
- Experience in various sales methodologies and complex sales training
- Quantifiable sales success and expertise in selling services related products and solutions to customers, with a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- History of growing a successful services sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or relevant technical field experience
- Travel up to 50%, or possible more at peak times
- Lead global Services Sales, achieving Professional Services bookings targets, increasing attach rates, and enabling Twilio’s license sales teams to sell services.
- Effectively communicate the Services strategy, goals, objectives and results to customers and internal license sales teams and partners.
- Work closely with the services offering team to understand existing offerings and to develop new offerings that fit the ever-changing Twilio customer requirement landscape.
- Craft account plans for continued growth of the Services business, maintaining continuous alignment with Twilio’s greater Sales organization via QBRs and forecast meetings.
- Work directly with Twilio’s systems integrator (SI) partners’ sales teams on joint pursuits, and on providing Delivery Assurance (DA) consulting resources to SI-led projects.
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive services sales wins.
- Set quotas and manage compensation structures for individual contributors and managers in services sales roles.
- Work hand-in-hand with Twilio’s sales leadership, account teams, and partners on large opportunities, helping to position service delivery and best practices to deliver solutions.
- Work closely with account teams and service delivery teams to scope the engagement and procurement process.
- Lead the deal pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition with customized or packaged offerings that meet the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
- Oversee post-signature activities such as contract integration, change management, governance activities, upsells and renegotiations.
- Once deals are signed, work closely with service delivery managers to transition to perform by ensuring the scope and expectations are understood.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position could be located in our beautiful HQ office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco, or it could be remote. At our offices, you will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.