Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. We are looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer to help build the next generation contact center administration and setup platform.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Experience with building, maintaining and scaling backend services preferably in Java (or any OO language).
- Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development in Java and microservice architecture stacks.
- Any experience with Docker, DynamoDB or Kafka is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
We welcome candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design and development of new API’s and significant new features end-to-end.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DON’T SETTLE: You will drive great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: You will collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague and London and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), gym/fitness reimbursement, monthly mobile phone bill expense coverage, monthly health expense coverage, etc.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our really diverse, international team in Tallinn!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.