Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced commercial contracts attorney to join our growing legal team in Denver. You will be responsible for managing a large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and work closely with Twilio’s Partner Team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing.
You are a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross functional business colleagues. You must be client-service oriented, attentive to detail, and possess excellent judgment. We are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive and high functioning team.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer, Member of Colorado Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
- 4+ years experience with technology related business and commercial contracts.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including direct and indirect sales and services, alliances, business development, procurement, and more.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign and JIRA is a plus.
As Commercial Counsel, you will live the values that we call the “Twilio Magic”:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be responsible to draft, negotiate, structure and close customer-facing, partner-facing and vendor-facing matters. To this end you will help build out centralized resources, processes, and documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will support the Partner team on new channel partner and strategic alliance business models which will require deep thinking, collaboration and preparing new templates and negotiation strategies.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will train and advise contract specialists on the Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will create best practices, streamlined processes and templates for your client groups to help support a rapidly growing business.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation, and will provide training of your client groups. You will champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity and make sure agreements we enter into are consistent with Twilio’s values and governance processes.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Denver. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can “draw the owl” and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.