Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr DevOps Engineer to be part of a team of talented engineers who build and operate telemetry services for our mail pipeline. We do this leveraging technologies like Splunk, Graphite, Sensu, Prometheus, Grafana, etc. We are looking to grow the team to further expand on our capabilities in the area of container observability and hope you’re the right individual to join us.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience in your craft with demonstrated skill progression
- Previous exposure to DevOps methodologies
- Experience with Linux & Docker required
- Experience with modern software monitoring, alerting, and observation tooling required (Graphite, Sensu, Prometheus, CloudWatch, or similar solutions)
- Understanding of Kubernetes or similar orchestration platforms (previous experience a plus)
- Understanding of Agile processes (previous experience a plus)
- Coding experience (Golang a plus)
- Listen, present, and question effectively
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- A highly effective collaborator, you work with your team towards common goals
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As a Sr DevOps Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Develop tools and automation which improve visibility into our mail pipeline services
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Develop monitoring, telemetry, and diagnostics to early-detect and minimize quality of service impacting events
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- BE AN OWNER: Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues
- DRAW THE OWL: Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company
The Signal Intelligence team is central to Twilio Sendgrid’s telemetry solutions and their continued evolution. We work in concert with engineering teams across Twilio Sendgrid’s Email Platform to provide tools and insights which help them extract the highest quality signal from their services, allowing our customers to send 4 billion emails a day.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 400 Spectrum Center Dr. Suite 400 Irvine, CA 92618. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.