Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio needs someone to build a world class Sales Enablement team, establish strategy and drive execution that supports and accelerates our exceptional growth. The role will provide leadership, direction and execution of the strategic vision of sales methodologies, key processes, technology and the delivery of solution related content/training as well as providing productivity based improvements to the frontline sales teams. This includes leading on-boarding, optimizing the capabilities of our sales, pre-sales and partner GTM professionals to provide the best product and service possible to our customers. This requires an individual who is familiar with technical enablement and who excels at translating business needs into training and enablement programs.
As the VP of Sales Enablement you will be a critical member of the Twilio executive team. We’re looking for a leader who can develop a strategy and build an organization that can successfully scale. You will play an essential role in the future state and structure of our global sales strategy, focused on the people, best practices and tools necessary to sustain long-term growth and profit.
Reporting to the Head of Go To Market Operations, you will help design and build our go-to-market enablement function.
- Partner with sales leaders to understand their business, identify knowledge and skills gaps, conduct on-going needs assessments, and deliver targeted programs in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Product, Support and Operations leadership teams
- Initiate, develop and manage strong partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels in the organization to ensure alignment across the organization
- Be heavily metrics driven: measure and report the performance of our sales teams in relationship to enablement programs’ impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility
- Build the systems infrastructure and team to support your enablement vision
- Create and drive execution of on-boarding initiatives and programs
- Continually assess readiness gaps, and work with the appropriate partners to quickly develop the right programs to close deals and increase sales productivity
- Manage the enablement team to deliver exceptional sales training results
- Combination of 12+ years sales and sales enablement experience, preferably in enterprise technology, preferably within SaaS and Cloud
- High IQ and EQ, proven strong leadership and decision making
- Strong communication skills: ability to articulate and sell a vision
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring and managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Familiarity with different sales methodologies, their benefits, and potential downsides. Ability to adjust training techniques to accommodate various learning styles.
- Experience identifying enablement issues, creating robust recommendations and implementing strategies to optimize performance.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position could be located in our beautiful HQ office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco, or it could be remote. At our offices, you will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.