Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our world class Support Strategy & Enablement team. This team is maniacally focused on optimizing processes, delivering enablement and driving self-service to scale Twilio’s Global Support team and make them as efficient as possible. You will work closely with the Vice President of Global Support and support team leaders to ensure the success of the support operations.
You are passionate about ensuring Twilio’s Support experience is second to none, and know that the best way to achieve this is by optimizing people, processes and tools to drive efficiency and efficacy.
We are seeking a leader that exemplifies The Twilio Magic, and meets the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience of experience managing technical support, technical enablement or support operations teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in support knowledge management methodologies (e.g., KCS.)
- Knowledge of instructional design and curriculum development.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Data-driven at your core: an analytical problem solver who can tackle big challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering customer support self-service experiences.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic, ever changing environment with a strong bias toward action.
As the Sr. Manager, Support Strategy & Enablement, you will lead a team of experts in business process, knowledge creation, training, and community management. You will question the status quo and relentlessly pursue opportunities to improve support operations. You will bring a wealth of industry knowledge in your field and the ability to adapt best practices to the truly unique environment we have a Twilio. Your responsibilities include:
- Optimize support operations by facilitating strategic planning, defining metrics and targets, forecasting volume and headcount requirements, and rigorously managing the budget.
- Create and implement processes that increase scalability of the support teams.
- Define a knowledge creation strategy that increases support engineer efficiency and enables customers to self-serve.
- Design and deliver employee enablement programs, including new hire onboarding and ongoing employee development.
- Build a strong online community of brand advocates and technical evangelists.
- Build an effective knowledge base by implementing a robust knowledge management solution, like Knowledge Centered Service (KCS.)
- Strategize and monitor KPIs to assess the effectiveness of training, enablement and self-service initiatives.
- Partner with the Services Operations team to define business requirements for systems development and to create analytics that help managers effectively run their business.
The Support Strategy & Enablement team is the strategic asset that enables Twilio’s Global Support Team to scale and deliver on the mission to provide an unparalleled experience answering customers’ questions, resolving customer issues, and empowering customers to build amazing applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.