Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced leader for our world class Services Operations team. This team is maniacally focused on optimizing processes and technology to scale the support, customer experience & professional services teams and make them as efficient as possible. In turn, these teams can focus on delivering the best possible post-sale experience for every Twilio customer. This team is also focused on delivering capabilities to allow for data driven decisions.
This executive will work with the services teams to own and implement best practices and methodologies to enable the teams to deliver success in a consistent manner. This individual will also work with other Twilio functional teams to ensure a smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sale, then into invoicing and revenue recognition. This executive will be required to work effectively with Twilio’s executive team, including: sales, product, accounting, finance, and more.
You are passionate about the success and experience of customers and know that the only way to achieve this is by developing and coaching a strong team. You treat your team the same way you want them to treat our customers. You thrive in a customer centric environment. You are outcomes driven.
We seek leaders who naturally demonstrate our values, who enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and are not beholden to one playbook.
- Experience at the VP level and leading global teams of scale required.
- Have a proven track record of delivering technology solutions, ideally including communications technology (telcom, email, messaging, voice), and global service delivery to support the strategic objectives of a professional services organization that serves enterprises and systems integrator (SI) partners
- Knowledge and understanding of IT environments and translation of business needs
- Deep knowledge of operational and financial metrics within a services organisation
- Strong history of mentorship; you’ve left a legacy of successful and motivated teams.
- A servant-leader approach to management; you care about your team and their success both as a group and as individuals.
- Experience leading cross functional teams focused on post-sales success and product enablement for customers.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset. Take a data-based approach to decision making and assessment.
- Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a “Do-er” first.
You will lead and scale a best-in-class global Services Operations team and guide them in delivering support to Twilio services teams, improving efficiency and increasing customer satisfaction. The success of our customers is what drives you on a daily basis. You will relentlessly pursue opportunities for improvement and implement betterments, collaborating closely with other customer facing groups and internal stakeholders. You bring with you a wealth of industry knowledge in your field and the ability to adapt best practices to the truly unique environment we have at Twilio.
Your mission quite simply is to build a Services Operations organization that is the best in the industry and sets Twilio apart from the rest in our service delivery, as well as our products.
- Enable the execution of the global services strategy by ensuring an optimal operational environment for Twilio services team members.
- Lead the design and enhancement of processes, tools, and operating models to improve the productivity of the Twilio services teams
- Work with internal product and engineering teams to improve existing customer and employee workflows and experiences, through the release of internal and customer-facing products.
- Partner with sales operations, to build smooth transitions from pre-sale to post-sale
- Partner with finance and accounting to build strong processes to invoice customers
- Attract, train and retain high-potential Services Operations team members globally.
- Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement, communication, and analysis of metrics to the team and leadership.
- Standardize the professional services delivery methodology and measure its impact at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of operations and cross functional collaboration with other internal stakeholders.
Successful onboarding and launch of new customers and new use cases within existing customers is the cornerstone of Twilio’s rapid growth. We only succeed when our customers succeed. The Services Operations team is instrumental in enabling the support, customer experience & professional services teams to be world-class. Allowing these teams to focus on customers without systems or processes getting in the way.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta or remote. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.