Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
If you like building new things and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As an ER Manager at Twilio, you will be focused on providing proactive (education and prevention) and reactive (conflict management and performance management) support and coaching across our business. You will be responsible for providing consultation, guidance, and support in all matters related to workplace issues. These matters include management coaching and training; policy development and interpretation; disability and leave accommodations. Prioritization and balancing time between projects and timely-response is a critical component for success in the position. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, this is an individual contributor role located in our Denver office.
Twilio is looking for an ER manager with strong technical knowledge and experience in employee relations. We seek someone with:
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible employee relations experience
- Ability to demonstrate consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to perform as a trusted advisor and to build partnerships at the management level
- Experience with high-level collaboration and teamwork
- Previous experience working with legal counsel to comply with HR policies and procedures as well as federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications
- Solid understanding of and ability to be impartial, exhibit extreme fairness and assess each situation through this lens
- Relevant experience within technology company, or equivalent experience with prevalent topics at Twilio
As Employee Relations Manager, you will:
- Facilitate communication resolution of employee issues and concerns in conjunction with HR Managers, employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, litigation avoidance and strives to resolve internal conflict informally through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques.
- Collaborate with HR Managers on the development and review of supporting documentation for corrective actions and performance management.
- Guide managers and employees throughout the performance management process.
- Ability to produce impartial and thorough Performance Improvement Plans in partnership with the HR Generalist team.
The People team is central to Twilio's continued growth and engagement of our talent. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support the culture of inclusion and trust we have cultivated.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Our Denver office is located at 1801 California Street, Suite 500. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. You will also experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.