Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Senior Account Executive role at Twilio is pivotal to the success of the organization. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly motivated sales team in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a challenging work environment, as well as possesses the desire to contribute to the growth of a company that is changing an industry.
You'll be responsible for net new growth within key Enterprise and Mid Market customers at scale, including some of Japanese’s hottest startups, helping them to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage customer engagement & communications in their businesses.
You are a results oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a “can do” attitude, is passionate about sales and new business growth, and is willing to go above and beyond to work with our customers. Responsibilities will span driving the sales process from internal leads as well as qualifying new prospects and manage these deals to close.
- You've demonstrated success selling a cloud software or a SaaS solution for at least 5 years.
- You have a real charisma, unstoppable energy and a "can do" work style that inspires and motivates your team to new levels
- Ability to understand and articulate the Twilio API and have experience in the cloud communications industry
- You want to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win. Demonstrated experience in increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Thrives in a fast moving, multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- You are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Detail oriented, analytical and skilled at Salesforce reporting.
- The ability to listen first and add value in every conversation.
- Excellent presentation skills - both oral and written.
The Senior Account Executive will work to further develop our rapidly growing client list within Japan. You will be the first point of contact for your chosen client selection and will be responsible for growing our business within the region. The role will involve the full life cycle within our Mid and Enterprise Markets and the expansion of our client list.
The successful candidate will articulate what is needed for Twilio to win and capture extensive market share in the Japan market and will be supported by our regional operations hubs and platform services based in our global offices.
- You'll be working with global 2,000 and medium to large sized customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements, understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a next generation solution for their specific use case needs while adopting Twilio's cloud communication services.
- Proven ability in building business cases around complex cloud solutions for C level managers.
- Proven solution selling performance in a new business development and ability to manage a strong sales pipeline and proficient with SFDC reporting cadence.
- Partner closely with business leaders across Twilio to identify and prioritize the company’s biggest challenges within the Japan territory.
- Weekly sales reporting to your regional and global colleagues and respective business owners.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Our mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the Sales team is to ensure the high quality of sales service to every client in our network . Your expertise will help the Sales team continue to deliver on this mission as Twilio expands its footprint within the Japan market.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at Yotsuya, Tokyo. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.