Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a full stack developer to join the team that drives twilio.com and all other digital properties. In partnership with the brand design team, the Marketing Engineering team builds flagship collateral to help articulate our API products to other developers.
The team experiments in implementations driving front end performance, cross browser and device compatibility, deep content interactivity, and live demos integrated into collateral that make phones ring. The right candidate is someone looking to work in a high-velocity environment and constantly pushing the boundaries of what's available on the web.
About the job:
- You are obsessed about making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love building pages that deliver the best user experience on any modern browser. You love front end frameworks, and know how to choose (and explain) the right tool for the job.
- You're driven to iterate. Twilio ships code every six hours. You read that as a challenge.
- Must be able to work on site in San Francisco.
- 3+ years of experience across the full stack, including PHP, Python, or Node.js.
- Deep understanding of the front end. You know how to measure and optimize the performance of your code from TTFB through browser painting.
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress or Wagtail. You know how to integrate front end templates into a CMS.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment where new pages are being cut on a weekly basis.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and build patterns common to web technology stacks.
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff; you love shipping beautiful products.
- You have a honed attention to detail. You sweat the little things.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code.
- CS background or comparable in-field experience.
- You can share your portfolio and/or live links to work you built.
- Design and build pages to help communicate various parts of our brand and messaging.
- Integrate your front end interfaces with Python, PHP and Node.js applications.
- Write automated tests using Selenium and perform browser and device testing using Browserstack.
- Play well with others. Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and ship new stuff.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects, and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Marketing Engineering teams and drive/grow processes and best-practices for a rapidly expanding team.
- Be the technical eyes & ears of the brand team to inform on best new technology & implementation ideas.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.