Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a Customer Account Manager who is keen to build a career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market. You'll be responsible for net new growth within key Enterprise and Mid Market customers at scale, including some of Australia’s hottest startups (with expansion into NZ) helping them to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage customer engagement & communications in their businesses.
Customer Account Manager is responsible penetrating and growing strategic customers where we may have an initial use case. While many of the contacts in these accounts have been software engineers and product managers, the CAM will need to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO / VP of Product) to understand and uncover new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through customer engagement & communication workflows.
The goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies improve their overall customer engagement experience and meet their business objectives. The ideal candidate has between 3-5 years of account management or solution selling of infrastructure and/or software/technology into strategic or enterprise accounts. Knowledge in telecom, software development, and consulting is a plus.
As a Customer Account Manager you will:
- Net New Sales and revenue growth responsibility for Twilio's customer portfolio. Territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts.
- Responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use case and software adoption, and cross-sell of Twilio’s new products.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named account's business strategy and growth plans. Develop, lead and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s desired communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand our relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs). This will include regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities.
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Support, Product, and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each named account.
- Partner with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics in order to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Leverage all sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through via use of our CRM.
As a Customer Account Manager you will have
- A track record negotiating and closing complex agreements. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Strong experience in selling SaaS products or platform solutions to Mid Market or Enterprises.
- Track record of verifiable customer revenue expansion and profit maximization in a quota driven business environment.
- Credible, trusted partnership with your customers and their executive team.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient with Salesforce for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Solution-oriented and consultative approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- An ability to listen first and add value to conversations.
- An ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects / deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- An approach that is ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive
This position can be based out of our office in Melbourne or Sydney. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can ‘draw the owl’ and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.