Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a true “operator” to help us scale our risk operations. This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing, monitoring, and preventing emerging risk in Twilio products. Twilio can face threats from malicious actors who seek to abuse and misuse Telecom services. As a first line of defence against these threats, you’ll employ a variety of tools to help keep our customers and products safe as we build the future of trusted communications.
This role will join a larger team whose primary responsibilities include risk management and product operations across all products at Twilio. As fraud is often a cross functional effort, you’ll work closely with many of Twilio’s teams including: Legal, Sales, Product, Customer Service, and other Engineering roles. The risk operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking an operations expert to join the team that runs Fraud Operations
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including basic SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
On the Fraud Operations team, you will:
- Help prevent, monitor, and respond to 3rd party abuse harming Twilio
- Utilize a variety of operational tools, data sources, products, and processes to fight fraud, and continuously level up your skills to use them
- Prioritize projects to balance reactive fire fighting with more proactive long term planning that will avoid future issues and extra work
- Engage with telecommunication carriers, regulatory bodies, and vendors on behalf of our customers to make sure we can effectively control and prevent fraudulent threats they may face.
- Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
- Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
On the Fraud Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to respond to external abuses affecting our customers, partners, and business. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at 15 Beach Road, right in the middle of the city centre next to the iconic Raffles Hotel. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.