Because you belong at Twilio
We are seeking a proven, tactical and strategic Regional Sales Manager to lead a team of Account Executives (“AEs”) who are tasked with generating new business within our Mid Market accounts. As a sales leader you will be managing and developing a team of AEs. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with stakeholders and corporate resources as required. You will be responsible for ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new team members on sales process. In this role you will report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping his/her team succeed.
- Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners . You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining top talent
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings. Engaging other corporate resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the Mid Market sales team which includes training new AEs on sales process
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings. Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure
- Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful sales campaigns
- Engaging at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully managing significant client escalations and issues
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’ve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, and Zappos service ethos.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
While we plan on having a Chicago hub soon, the role will be remote at first. While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.