Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Security Compliance Manager, to define and manage the path for successful Security Compliance Engagement across Twilio. This role will be a critical foundational pillar for the Security Compliance and Assurance function and will play a paramount role in helping Twilio meet its existing and future compliance requirements. The Senior Manager, Compliance Engagement will report directly to the Director of Security Compliance & Assurance and will be responsible for working effectively with numerous cross-functional stakeholders across the company (Finance, IT, HR, Security, Product groups etc.) to engage on all aspects of control and process design, testing, implementation, monitoring, project management, documentation and remediation activities as needed.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager with advanced and demonstrated people management experience working with ISO 27001/17/18, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, SOC2, FedRAMP and other regulations or Compliance Frameworks. This role will manage all Security Compliance Engagement activities for Twilio and will work across the organization’s functions (Product Engineering, HR, IT, Legal etc ) to ensure requirements are understood and controls are implemented correctly. This role will also play a crucial role engaging with external parties, including auditors and customers as needed.
- 7-9 years working experience within Data Security & Compliance
- 5 years of Data Compliance Management experience that includes managing people (direct people management)
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Expert understanding of PCI DSS, GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC, HIPAA regulations and frameworks. FedRAMP would be a plus.
- Expert understanding of Cloud Controls and environments
- Strong understanding of common compliance frameworks such as COBIT, COSO, ISO 27K, HITRUST and industry recognized guidance such as NIST
- A strong foundation in IT solutions development and deployment
- Practical understanding of IT Security Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, network security, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools in a cloud environment (AWS).
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Superb ability to represent data in graphical form
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong Engagement skills (Internal & External)
- Demonstrated experience managing Compliance activities as part of a company (not just in a consulting capacity)
- Experience implementing a Common/Unified control framework
- Successful demonstrated experience managing and working with auditors
- Successful demonstrated experience managing and working with internal cross-functional teams and product engineering groups
- Successful demonstrated experience communicating and reporting to Senior leadership
- Experience assessing and working with GRC tools
- Demonstrated experience creating Compliance policies & standards
- Positive, energetic personality, comfortable in front of groups/customers
- Experience managing integrations and acquisitions as it related to Compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience automating controls and applying an effective control automation strategy
- Demonstrated experience using audit tools and automation to test control effectiveness and leveraging automated exception reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to cater communication to a wide range of technical, clinical, and cultural backgrounds. Strong Professional etiquette.
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSA CCSK, ISC(2) CCSP or other Information Security related designation required
As the Senior Manager, Security Compliance Engagement, You will:
- Manage all Internal & External Security Compliance engagement activities.
- You will build and manage the programs supporting our existing and ongoing compliance control activities and initiatives.
- Motivate, mentor, challenge, inspire and grow the Compliance Engagement team
- Implement and mature a Unified Control Framework supporting ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, SOC2, FedRAMP together with supporting policies and standards.
- Work very closely with many cross-functional teams to communicate and integrate control requirements (HR, Finance, Legal, others etc.)
- Manage a team that will engage directly with Product Engineering through all phases of product design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Security Compliance activities
- Manage and communicate compliance requirements, timelines and roadmap to supporting teams and leadership.
- Drive project activities to ensure requirements and schedules are met.
- Identify and manage risks and work with project teams to identify appropriate solutions.
- Manage, track and report compliance related remediation to project teams and Management.
- Maintain ongoing oversight of concurrent, company-wide programs and ongoing initiatives impacting Security Compliance.
- Develop metrics and reporting to demonstrate Compliance status and engagement.
- Communicate the Compliance posture and effectiveness to Management on a scheduled basis.
- Work closely with the Security Compliance Assurance team on audit findings and related remediation
- Prepare and manage reviews or assessments related to Compliance.
- Provide ongoing guidance and consultation to the organization to promote a progressive and sustainable Security Compliance Engagement program.
- Develop and work with supporting teams to develop an automated control strategy and exception reporting process.
- Develop a strategy to implement and maintain a centralized audit evidence repository to support all Security Compliance evidence gathering and maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement a Customer Engagement strategy and supporting knowledgebase
- Partner with the Security Risk team to implement a GRC tool
- Cross-train internal resources and develop team members skills and expertise
- Integrate ongoing changes to laws, regulations and frameworks as required into daily activities
- Assist with other Security Compliance activities as required.
The Senior Manager, Security Compliance Engagement role is central to Twilio's continued desire to expand and establish a Trusted compliance posture across the organization and platform engineering. You will work closely with senior leadership, product teams and functions in a highly visible role with significant impact on the overall direction of the company. This role will directly impact new commercial opportunities for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our Customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.