The Business Analyst focusing on Data Engineering and Business Intelligence efforts will work with both Business and Information Technology stakeholders to define, plan, prioritize, and deliver projects. The candidate will establish a development and deployment framework, which will include testing and monitoring around the project/product. This person will devote time to working with internal and external resources to re-engineer the firms’ usage of data content which includes data acquisition, cleaning, monitoring, and delivery. This individual will develop and maintain internal client relationships and be the primary point of contact for the business to IT in the Data Engineering and Business Intelligence space.
• Analyze problems facing our clients, capturing and documenting the functional requirements.
• Work closely with the Data Services team to re-engineer the management and delivery of data content used by the firm.
• Work closely with business users and IT counterparts to understand current workflows, gather business/functional requirements, identify potential improvements, and manage client relationships.
• Working with leaders within IT and Technical Business Users, establish a development and deployment framework specifically for python and other tools used for Business Intelligence activities.
• Enforce uniform and consistent methods of delivery of data content to end users.
• Ensure the communication workflow and alignment across IT teams on a given project.
• Define and create project plans for project and product prioritization and implementation
• Build and execute test cases that confirm the solution meets business requirements. Additionally, aid the design of regression and integration tests by identifying relevant test cases.
• Author and present status updates, open questions, project health, etc. to stakeholders and steering committees.
• Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
• Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
• Build, lead, and coach project teams throughout project lifecycles
• Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
• Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
• Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status
• Minimum of 5 years experience at a financial firm in a business analysis / project management role or 5-10 years’ experience managing a large data re-engineering product/project.
• Bachelor's degree in majors that bridge Computer Science and Business
• An advanced degree and/or Project Management certification is strongly desired
• Ability to communicate with the Front Office community
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with complex multi-faceted issues.
• Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner.
• Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities and assignments concurrently.
• Understanding of various financial instruments, financial data and experience in the Hedge Fund environment are a plus.
• Experience delivering APIs/data access for front office users is a plus.
• Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
• Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)