Android Software Engineer
Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We, in the Search team, develop the core features of Truecaller and we contribute to enhancing our users’ communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Our vision is to provide the ultimate search engine for contact details for our users and keep their communication relevant and spam-free.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will participate in all the team rituals including the Daily Standup, the Planning meetings, the backlog refinement meetings, as well as, when necessary, meeting with other teams and team members in order to solve dependencies, discuss approaches to problems or provide help.
The Android Software Engineer works on the requirements that are discussed, agreed, planned and prioritized with the Product Owner and is involved in discussions with team members from the same and other teams. The Android Software Engineer participates with feedback to product ideas and raises concerns about risks related to both the product and the process.
What do we expect from you
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK (minimum 2 years of experience)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximise early value delivery without compromising on quality
What will you work on
- Write simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship in everyday work as well as by identifying and executing larger refactoring/improvement initiatives.
- Contribute in implementation of complex features and design work.
- Being part of cross team technical projects
- Participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
- Take responsibility in maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product and respect and attitude towards others.
It would be great if you also have
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices as well as an eye for design
- Knowledge of gRPC
- A knack for performance and optimization
- And of course acts according to our values; Get shit done, Be helpful, Be fearless and Never give up
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.