Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 280 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +200 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We, in the Platform team, provide the services, tools, and knowhow to make the Business units operationally independent. The domains we cover are Android/iOS core development and CI/CD, Data Platform providing analytics as a service, and back end core development and Infrastructure.
As a QA Engineer in the Platform team, you will be to help the developers in the team to deliver their features as fast, secure and efficiently as possible. As Platform QA Engineer you will interact with the developers, testers and other stakeholders in the team and outside to understand their needs and challenges and to share info and updates. You will be part of a team consisting of Release engineers, iOS, Android and other software platform engineers
What do we expect from you
- Experience in testing mobile applications
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills and excellent manual testing skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with Issue & Project Tracking Software - JIRA
- Some Experience with Android Studio and/or Xcode
- Genuine passion for software quality and testing
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing
What will you work on
- Develop test strategies for user stories
- Cooperate with Release Team on their daily basis tasks
- Create and document test cases and product flow
- Identify test activities and test dependencies that span across the backend and frontend domain to ensure the end to end quality
- Coordinate/coach the developer’s participation in the team's test activities
- Be the gatekeeper for all team deliverables agreed quality levels to ensure that acceptance criteria and definition of done are met before a task is closed
- Coordinate testing activities with external outsource teams
It would be great if you also have
- Startup experience
- Programming experience to be able to identify the causes of problems in the code base and communicate efficiently with developers
- Experience with tools like Postman, Charles Proxy or similar
- Understanding and hands-on experience in UI test automation on mobile platforms and Android testing frameworks such are Espresso and Appium
- Experience with working in multi-cultural and distributed environments
- Experience with handling customer support issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degrees
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. We provide full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- An international team - ~35 nationalities are working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals.
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.