Hello, Truecaller is calling you from India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams, calls, and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of +200 people, from 35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Ads Product, are all about making Ads more meaningful & relevant to our users and help drive marketing objectives for our partners/advertisers. Ads are one of the ways Truecaller monetizes the APP, and thus holds a critical role in driving Truecaller revenues. Our scale boasts about: ~4BN Acs Req per day, ~2 BN impressions (globally) per day, thus making Truecaller one of the largest standalone publishers in India and emerging markets like Egypt, North Africa, etc.
Mission -The Ads team is responsible for monetizing Truecaller inventory through ads by offering targeted advertising solutions to our demand partners.
Product Features- Display/Video Ads, Audience/Device/Geo/Custom targeting, Roadblocks/CPM/Programmatic.
Responsible for - Building ads solutions and selling our ads offerings to our advertiser partners in India and outside.
As a Data Engineer, you will play an important role in the development of data pipelines, frameworks and models to support the understanding of our users and making better product decisions. You will contribute to empowering the product teams with a complete self-serve analytics platform by working on scalable and robust solutions while collaborating with data engineers, data scientists and data analysts across the company.
What do we expect from you
- Experience working with orchestration tools (eg: Airflow).
- Experience working with big data and ETL development.
- Programming skills in SQL, Spark with Scala or Python.
- Experience working with cloud computing services (eg : GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Experience with Data Science workflows.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both with peers and experts from other areas.
- Self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative to solve problems.
What will you work on
- Play a crucial role in the team and own ETL pipelines.
- Build new tools, develop and maintain Truecallers Ads features.
- Gather and analyze the requirements.
- Provide best tools based on requirements for the team to be able to reach their respective goals.
- Make data-driven decisions accompanied by past experience.
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists and data analysts.
- Work with vast projects like migration to Google BigQuery, migration to cloud-nativea technologies, etc.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Anomaly detection applications.
- Real-time validation of data.
- Experience with Apache Beam, Apache Flink or CloudML.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you!
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Application in English. For more information please contact Chaitra Udupa our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: email@example.com
What we offer
- An international team - 35 nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances