Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impact; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations with those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 270 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We at Data Platform work on a vision to empower our product-oriented teams with a complete self-service analytics platform and make data-driven decisions possible in Truecaller, guaranteeing the stability, velocity, and delivery of the mainstream event pipeline.
As a Data Engineer, you will play an important role in the Data Platform team whose vision is to make data-driven decisions possible at Truecaller. Also to empower product-oriented teams with a complete self-service analytics platform, guaranteeing the stability, velocity, and delivery of the mainstream event pipeline.
What we expect from you
- Experience working with orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience working with big data and ETL development
- Programming skills in Spark with Scala and Python
- Experience working with cloud providers like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both with peers and experts from other areas
- Self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative to own the problems that come up and solve them
- Hands on experience with SQL in large scale of data
- Strong understanding of Software Engineering
- Working with messaging systems like Kafka
- Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystem
What you will work on
- Maintain g and develop the Ingestion pipeline
- Provide support for all teams in building up their pipeline
- Gather and analyze the requirements from other business units in order to provide new functionalities, build new tools, develop and maintain Truecallers Data Platform
- Facilitate company to make data-driven decisions
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists and data analysts in other teams
- Work with vast projects like building ML platform and streaming use cases
It would be great if you have
- Hands on experience on Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with streaming platform and applications working with Kafka streaming, flink or spark streaming
- Experience managing Data Warehouse in BigQuery or Redshift
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English.Please contact Deepti Pabbisetty, Talent Acquisition Lead via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.