Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; Like protecting people from Fraudulence, Harassment and scams, Calls and messages, Identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250 people, from 30 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We at Insights Team are responsible for all the Smart-SMS features (Smart SMS Notifications, Smart Cards in SMS threads, “Important” tab etc) that you see in the Truecaller app and are fully based out of the Bangalore office.
As a Product Designer you will develop and improve the experience of Smart SMS features of Truecaller, primarily for Android. You will develop high-level concepts into wireframes and prototypes, to be used by Developers. You will also be an important part of the overall evolution of the product, constantly iterating to give millions of users a great experience.
If you believe that ‘design is about how things work and not just how things look’, then you’re in the right place.
What do we expect from you ?
- Talent is the key to this role. We’re looking for someone with a portfolio of mobile UI/UX designs that will impress us.
- 3+ years of experience in working with designing for mobile with a large user base, experience in android will be preferred.
- Good understanding of Material Design and Android Concepts and user behavioural pattern.
What will you work on :
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Work in multiple mobile application projects from concept to completion.
- Understand and validate problem statements.
- Create design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: user personas, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Help developers and product owners with solving design challenges and document solutions.
- Make sure that the product is setting industry standards for excellence with innovative and beautifully clear designed products.
- Establish creative direction and develop concepts together with the product team.
- Provide quality control over concepts & projects by working with developers in translating designs into product, iterate and review until done.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Create effective interface designs through techniques such as composition, perspective, space, grid structures, layouts, color schemes, themes, etc
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback. Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
It would be great if you also have
- Deep understanding of visual composition and knowledge of Typography, Colors and iconography.
- Understanding of Design process, wireframing & information hierarchy especially in relation to mobile applications and the web.
- Proficiency in Figma/Sketch/XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other equivalent interface design and wire-framing tools.
- Experience working with senior management and operating in an independent manner within the UX function.
- Degree/diploma in User Experience, Interaction Design or similar.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, Please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you !
This position is based in Bangalore, India. For more information please contact Suma our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: email@example.com
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.