Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; Like protecting people from Fraudulence, Harassment and scams, Calls and messages, Identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250 people, from 30 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We at Ads Product are all about making Ads more meaningful & relevant to our users and help drive marketing objectives for our partners / advertisers. Ads is one of the ways Truecaller monetizes the APP, and thus holds a critical role in driving Truecaller revenues. Our scale boasts about: ~4BN Acs Req per day, ~2 BN impressions (globally) per day, thus making Truecaller one of the largest standalone publishers in India and emerging markets like Egypt, North Africa etc.
Mission - The Ads team is responsible for monetizing Truecaller inventory through ads by offering targeted advertising solutions to our demand partners.
Product Features - Display/Video Ads, Audience/Device/Geo/Custom targeting, Roadblocks/CPM/Programmatic.
Responsible for - Driving revenue growth for Truecaller by building ads solutions and selling our ads offerings to our advertiser partners in India and outside.
As a Engineering Manager you will be responsible for supervising and leading engineers with an oversight on design, development and release of product features.
Planning and execution of strategy along with product & business management to ensure timely delivery.
What do we expect from you ?
- 8-12 years of experience in software development of which at least 3 years has been in some sort of people management role.
- Experience working with ads technology and delivering scale. Strong familiarity with Adtech - Ad Networks, DSP, SSP, RTB etc
- Strong people skills and ability to inspire engineers, mentor them and mould their growth plan.
- Hands on experience at some point in your career on one or more of the below technologies - Scala, Java, Android, Go.
- Breadth of awareness regarding the general engineering landscape including cloud services and mobile frameworks, development toolkits and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile or Agile-like processes.
- Clear understanding of database technologies (experience with NoSQL systems like aerospike/cassandra/scylla is a bonus).
- Effective communicator between engineering and other stakeholders.
- Ability to help engineers translate vague requirements into workable solutions.
What will you work on :
- Supervise and lead engineers with an oversight on design, development and release of product features.
- Planning and execution of strategy along with product & business management to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide technical expertise and direction in design and development.
- Facilitate or provide solutions to technical problems faced by the team.
- Technical feasibility reviews for new ideas and features.
- Ensuring development processes and guidelines are in place and being followed diligently by the teams.
- Driving alignment while supervising, monitoring and co-ordination of work done by multiple subteams.
- Performance review of team members; while determining areas of improvement and determining talent development. Also providing timely feedback and recommendations to the team members for their career development.
- Recommendations for promotions and salary
- Solving internal issues proactively and building an environment for cooperation.
- Championing the right engineering culture and values within the team.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience working in startup product based companies.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate, Please send your application at the earliest. We are excited to hear from you !
This position is based in Bangalore, India. For more information please contact Suma Jagannath our Talent Acquisition Partner via Email: email@example.com
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident, Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.