Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impact; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations with those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Calling team deliver on our mission to provide trust by making communication safe and efficient. Awesome Calling experience for everyone’s calling needs is essential for Truecaller’s success and for our user’s satisfaction. Calling Team is one of the core teams of Truecaller. Our team has a deep knowledge of all aspects of Calling. Some of our flagship features are Dialer, Contacts, Call Logs, Truecaller Voice over IP, and Full-Screen Caller ID.
As an Android Developer, you are deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android. Your contribution reaches 270 millions of our users across the world, which requires a solid focus on the end-user experience and usability. The work will involve everything from the implementation of complex features with a highly usable UI and ongoing improvements based on metrics while ensuring high standards of security and privacy.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience in Android development, familiar with Java and Kotlin
- Good knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Fluent in English, in speaking and writing
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximize early value delivery without compromising on quality
What will you do?
- Be involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android in the Calling team from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Be part of cross-team technical initiatives, participate in, and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
It would be great if you also have:
- Good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns
- Google’s Android design principles, and best practices
- Relevant experience in calling, Dialer, or inCall UI applications
- A knack for performance benchmarking and monitoring
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com.
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.