Hello,Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. Truecaller is loved by 200 million daily active users around the world,we are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will be handling Truecaller legal and compliance matters.You will report to the VP General Counsel based in Sweden and work in close collaboration with many people in different parts of the world.
Legal Team plays a key role in the continued success of Truecaller and operates across a wide range of legal disciplines as well as jurisdictions. We work very closely with management, product, business and engineering teams as well as other functional teams to support Truecaller’s continued growth, while at the same time ensuring compliance with legal requirements and internal controls.The existing team has three attorneys, two of whom are based in Bengaluru along with over 100 fun and ambitious colleagues.
What we expect from you
- Law school degree from India with a minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience as an in-house counsel in a multi-national company and/or from a leading law firm.
- Strong knowledge and skills in:
- data protection and privacy laws in India and internationally; and
- commercial law with an emphasis on IT-related matters
- Excellent risk assessment, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Strong skills in analysing and interpreting advanced contractual relationships and monitoring the regulatory environment in which we operate
- A strong sense of personal integrity and good personal judgement
- A passion for tech and mobile innovations
- A positive, energetic and collaborative attitude sharing the value of having fun at work
- Fluent in English, written and orally, additional Indian language skills are an advantage
- Proactive, hands on and someone who thrives on leading matters and working independently
- An enthusiastic team player committed to creating value every day
- Someone with a sense of humour who enjoys working in a diverse and entrepreneurial setting
What will you work on?
You will report to the VP General Counsel based in Sweden and work in close collaboration with many people in different parts of the world and have the following main responsibilities:
Privacy and compliance
- Provide expert advice and guidance on Indian and international laws, including user and supplier privacy laws and regulations
- Collaborate with the Legal Team to provide advice on strategic business initiatives and transactions with a privacy impact by helping the business and other legal teams identify solutions which achieve privacy assurance for Truecaller whilst maintaining commercial flexibility
- Engage directly and through external counsel with regulators including DPAs on both Truecaller- specific matters and broader policy consultations
- Monitor and communicate with management and business group leads on privacy developments, delivering legal updates, bespoke training and know-how updates as required
- Support in the leadership and development of the privacy function, and in the maintenance and revision of data governance policies to ensure they remain fit for purpose and coherent
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and partnerships in multiple markets
- Creating templates and improving processes
- Data licensing agreements
- Review of product functionality and new product features and design to ensure it aligns with legal requirements
It would be great if you also have
- Education and work in an international environment including US and Europe
- Qualification as a Company Secretary in India will be a bonus though not a prerequisite
- High growth and start-up ventures
- Multinational companies within Telecom/Internet /Media/Digital Technology sector
How To Apply
You can also apply with the help of link given below
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
What we offer:
- International teams - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident,Term life insurances
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.