Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. Truecaller is loved by 180 million daily active users around the world,we are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We at FinTech Team focus on building seamless experiences around Payments & Financials services for Truecaller users. Payments cover instant fund transfers, bill payments and numerous other use cases where we add convenience to the daily lives of our users. Apart from India we are also in the process of launching in some of the African markets. Under the umbrella of financial services, Credit & Insurance are two verticals where we have made significant progress, our long term ambitions include helping users make the right investment decisions as well.Apart from the trust & wide distribution capabilities that the Truecaller eco-system enjoys, the rich data under Truecaller’s various communication services sets us apart in a different league. The possibilities of leveraging this data (with explicit user consent of course) are enormous. We believe this edge we have, Will go a long way in serving the financially underserved society & help us offer the best suite of products right when the user needs them. Going forward, FinTech is poised to become one of the larger revenue earners for Truecaller.
As A Data Engineer : At Truecaller, you will play an important role in the Data Platform team whose vision is to make data-driven decisions possible at Truecaller. Also to empower product-oriented teams with a complete self-service analytics platform, guaranteeing the stability, velocity, and delivery of the mainstream event pipeline.
What we expect from you:
- 4 to 6 years of experience in data engineering.
- Experience working with Airflow
- Experience working with big data and ETL development
- Programming skills in Spark, Python, SQL, Scala, MongoDB, Kafka
- Experience working with cloud preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge in Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both with peers and experts from other areas
- Self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative to solve problems that come up.
- Open to learn and contribute to Data Science at a later point.
What will you work on ?
- Build new tools, develop and maintain Truecallers Fintech Data Platform
- Build, develop and deploy a new pipeline to enable Truecaller Fintech to be more data driven.
- Gather and analyze the requirements from business and relevant customers like other BUs
- Provide best tools based on the requirements for BU’s to be able to reach their respective goals
- Work in close collaboration with data scientists and data analysts in the team.
- Work with vast projects like migration to Google BigQuery, migration to cloud-native technologies, etc.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience from working with mobile applications and big data
- Experience working in lending/fintech startups
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/ https://www.linkedin.com/company/truecaller/
How To Apply
You can also apply with the help of link given
What we offer:
- International teams - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Football Team, Geek lunch, Lab Days!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with delicious breakfast
- Stay refreshed: juices, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Accident,Term life insurances
This position is based in Bangalore, India. Please contact Talent@truecaller.com if you have any questions.
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.