Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 170 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking, messaging, and payments.
We at Messaging team build best-in-class messaging experience for Truecaller users that offers both chat (IM) and SMS experience within the same app, with a focus on trust and user privacy.
As a senior engineer in the team, you will be goal-oriented, proactive in delegating your responsibilities. Act as a team player and a leader in coaching other Android developers in the team to achieve their goals with continuous feedback and suggestions.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of work experience in Android platform.
- 5+ years of work experience using Java or Kotlin.
- Hands-on experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
What will you work on?
- Write efficient, understandable, and testable code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Coach other Android developers on the team to help them achieve goals and develop the necessary skills that get results.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the Messaging team.
- Maintain high engineering standards, commitment to the product with respect, and a positive attitude towards others.
- Mentor and have regular one-on-ones with team members to monitor their performance, offer feedback, resolve conflict, if necessary, and help them grow as professionals.
- Identify team goals and monitor their progress.
- Perform code reviews to ensure the code is correct and an effective solution for the requirements at hand, as well as maintainable.
- Participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with tools like JIRA and Confluence
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.