Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a diverse organization with over 160 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
As a Engineering Manager you will be responsible for supervise and lead engineers with an oversight on design, development and release of product features.
Planning and execution of strategy along with product & business management to ensure timely delivery.
- Supervise and lead engineers with an oversight on design, development and release of product features.
- Planning and execution of strategy along with product & business management to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide technical expertise and direction in design and development.
- Facilitate or provide solutions to technical problems faced by the team.
- Technical feasibility reviews for new ideas and features.
- Ensuring development processes and guidelines are in place and being followed diligently by the teams.
- Driving alignment while supervising, monitoring and co-ordination of work done by multiple subteams.
- Performance review of team members; while determining areas of improvement and determining talent development. Also providing timely feedback and recommendations to the team members for their career development.
- Recommendations for promotions and salary
- Solving internal issues proactively and building an environment for cooperation.
- Championing the right engineering culture and values within the team.
As far as your technical skills, we’d love to hear about your experience of:
- 8-12 years of experience in software development of which atleast 2 years has been in some sort of people management role.
- Hands on experience at some point in your career on one or more of the below technologies - Ruby on Rails, Android, Python, Java or Scala.
- Breadth of awareness regarding the general engineering landscape including cloud services and mobile frameworks, development toolkits and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile or Agile-like processes.
- Clear understanding of database technologies (experience with document based systems like mongodb is a bonus).
- Strong people skills and ability to inspire engineers.
- Effective communicator between engineering and other stakeholders.
- Ability to help engineers translate vague requirements into workable solutions.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Make the right call, send us your application tod