Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at Platform team provides the services, tools, and knowhow to make the Business units operationally independent. The domains we cover are Android/iOS core development and CI/CD, Data Platform providing analytics as a service, and back end core development and Infrastructure.
As an Android Engineer in the Platform Infrastructure team, your main objective will be to help the developers in the Business Units to deliver their features as fast, secure and efficient as possible. You will provide building pipelines, dashboards, and ways to quickly find issues in the app builds. You will also own and maintain shared libraries used by the app as well as parts of the code with a focus on core functionality such as network protocols, event logging, and feature flags.
What we expect from you:
- Advanced knowledge of programming using Java and Kotlin
- Deep understanding and several years of hands-on experience in Android application development (architecture, design, tools, SDKs), asynchronous server communication (and UX optimization)
- Hands-on experience with different app architectures and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing
- Solid proficiency in Core Data
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Ability to plan and prioritize your own work items
- Ability to interact with Android team members and other stakeholders
What will you work on?
- Being responsible for developing and maintaining shared libraries
- Maintaining and building tools for release management (Release dashboards, CI/CD pipelines, etc)
- Being responsible for source code management using Bitbucket
- Helping other teams to build Analytics and Logging pipelines, Networking layers, Feature flags, and application frameworks
- Being proactive, and aware of Android platform changes and helping feature teams to be up to date
- Working together with Release team and iOS platform development
- Being an active member of the Tech Forum
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying : This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.