Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 170 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at Search team deliver on our mission to provide trust by making communication safe and efficient, the product discovery and development within the Search product area is essential for Truecaller’s success and for our user’s satisfaction.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Backend works as an individual and team contributor and is responsible for making an impact on both the product and product development, but also contribute to the team’s best practices, maturity, and well-being.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent knowledge of Scala and/or Java programming languages
- Experience with microservices architecture patterns
- Knowledge of Play Framework
- Experience in DevOps modus operandi
- Experience with agile development and continuous delivery based processes
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximize early value delivery without compromising on quality
- And of course acts according to our values; Get shit done, Be helpful, Be fearless and never give up
What will you work on?
- Develop low-latency applications for large scale distributed systems running in highly concurrent environments
- Take an active role in the development of the backend service architecture
- Research new methodologies and technologies
- Drive technical improvement by applying software craftsmanship best practices in everyday work as well as by identifying opportunities and executing larger improvement initiatives;
- Be part of cross-team technical initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices
- Take responsibility for maintaining high engineering standards, commitment to the product and respect and attitude towards others
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with JVM – tuning and optimizing
- Experience with reactive systems design
- Experience with non-relational databases
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying : This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International teams - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.