Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Today, Truecaller is loved by over 150 million daily active users around the world, and is the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.At Truecaller, we strive to make communication more safe and efficient around the world. We give you the ability to conquer new challenges, work with big data, an international team, and the opportunity to build a career you love. Join us in our mission to make the world’s best communication app.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Search, Assets and Spam team and contribute to enhancing our users' communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. You will work on the core features of the product and help us reach our vision to provide an ultimate search engine for contact details.
Our mission is to provide trust by making communication safe and efficient, the product discovery and development within the Search product area is essential for Truecaller’s success and for our user’s satisfaction.
Together with the team, you will be responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and apps for the Android platform in terms of usability and accessibility on different devices.
- Be involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android in Search, from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Being part of cross-team technical initiatives participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
- 3 years+ working experience with Android development by using Kotlin or Java
- Experienced in Android SDK, understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Good communication in English
Good to have
- Good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, Google’s Android design principles, and best practices
- Knowing gRPC, FCM APIs and push notifications will be great
- A knack for performance benchmarking and monitoring
This position is in Stockholm, Sweden. We offer a relocation package if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We only accept applications in English.
Make the right call, send us your application today! Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.