Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 150 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at Search work on Search, Assets and SPAM and contribute to enhancing our users' communication experience by providing them with the most relevant identity information and state-of-the-art spam protection. Also, work with the core features of the product whose vision is to provide an ultimate search engine for contact details.
As an Android Engineer with the team be responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and apps for the Android platform in terms of usability and on different devices.
What we expect from you:
- 3 years+ working experience with Android development by using Kotlin or Java
- Experienced in Android SDK, understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Good communication in English
What will you work on?
- Be involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android in Search, from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Being part of cross-team technical initiatives participate in and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
It would be great if you also have:
- Good knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, Google’s Android design principles, and best practices
- Knowing gRPC, FCM APIs and push notifications will be great
- A knack for performance benchmarking and monitoring
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Applying: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International team - 20+nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.