Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The main purpose of systems engineering at Truecaller is to design, manage and maintain infrastructure
services over the course of their life cycle. responsible for building and improving the performance, reliability,
availability, security, and evolution of the TC production sites.
● Building tooling to ease the provisioning and scaling of infrastructure resources.
● Continuously improve and extend infrastructure components to handle growth.
● Improve overall systems performance and investigate failures taking part of actively in future
● Ensure systems availability, reachability, maintainability, and testability building the necessary
instrumentation, tooling, and alarming systems in order to escalate abnormalities.
● Being influential in monitoring and capacity planning together with the system development teams
and in alignment with the business goals.
● Being one of the thought leaders in the tech team for scalability and reliability of systems,
communicating ideas clearly and taking steps for continuous improvements.
● Take part of the team on-call schedule.
● Gather requirements and formulate acceptance criteria from the business units collaboratively as
part of my team.
● Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough design to get the
feature we’re working on done.
● Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough documentation
to support the features we are working on.
● As part of the team, help implement and improve processes for planning, operations and continuous
● Attend all team meetings.
● Extensive knowledge of programming (Python & Shell) and system administration on Linux
environments, preferably working on high throughput and low latency systems.
● Excellent understanding of distributed system design across process and site boundaries.
● Hands-on experience with service orchestration and management, deployment activities,
configuration management and all necessary automation.
● Strong grasp of process isolation, virtualization and containerization concepts and being able to apply
them when necessary.
● Good understanding of software development lifecycle, versioning, building, testing, staging and
deployment processes with a strong continuous delivery mindset.
● Extensive experience with Public Cloud platforms preferably GCP.
● Strong tendency to keep things simple and maintainable (stick to KISS + YAGNI).
Good to have
● Experience in troubleshooting & optimizing JVM based applications.
● Experienced in research-oriented methodology.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
Make the right call, send us your application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.