About us :
Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt of working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Your Mission :
As an analytics engineer in Truecaller you will be responsible for our data infrastructure and our data pipelines. You will be working closely with the operations and backend teams to keep the infrastructure up-to-date and efficient, meanwhile working in a team of analysts and data scientists to provide new data structures and reports to the business. You will design, implement and monitor scalable data pipelines to make fresh data available from all our sources. You will be experimenting with new tech to find better ways to work with all aspects of the data systems and together with your team come up with improved reporting systems.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Managing data infrastructure and data pipelines for Truecaller's analytics and data warehousing platform
- Continual improvement of existing pipelines for efficiency and reliability through use of cutting edge or homegrown big data solutions
- Develop new data pipelines and infrastructure components as per business needs
- Liaise with operations and backend teams on infrastructure capacity planning, maintenance and upgrades
- Liaise with data scientists and analysts on data science/analytics requirements
- Contribute to long term architecture of the ETL/data warehousing infrastructure for scalability and reliability
Your Minimum Competencies :
As far as your skills, we’d love to hear about:
- Are a Java expert with a specific interest in analytics applications.
- Have extensive experience with Hadoop and Spark technologies both from aspects of admin, performance tuning and for debugging problems
- Have experience with Scala, Python, Shell Scripting
- Have extensive experience with SQL
- Are a wizard at the linux command prompt
- Have worked with data volumes on the PB scale
- Are an excellent problem solver and communicator both with peers and experts from other areas
- Are self-motivated and have a proven ability to take initiative solving problems that come up.
- Know the principles of ETL/data warehousing, and have experienced the benefits/problems of different solutions first hand.
- Have worked with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Team player
- Polite and respectful
- Honest and trustworthy
- Never give up
- Taking ownership
At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love to experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is halfway to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.
This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
We only accept applications in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.