Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
We are a Diverse organisation with over 90 of the best minds coming from different backgrounds, joining hands to ensure our vision of building trust everywhere.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
The Test Engineer Android & Platform is responsible for the end to end quality work across our Android & Platform team pair. This includes planning, maintaining efficient testing processes and structure with the aim to prevent, detect, record, and manage defects within the context of a defined release. The Test Engineer works in close collaboration with fellow test Engineers, Product Owner, as well as the development team. The Test Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering Mobile.
- Act as champion to drive test and quality work within own SCRUM team pair, this includes.
- Make sure test activities are identified for user stories
- Identify test activities and test dependencies that span across backend and frontend domain to ensure end to end quality.
- Create and document test cases, requirements and specifications.
- Coordinate/coach developer’s participation in the teams test activities.
- Be gatekeeper for that all team deliverables meets agreed quality levels to ensure that acceptance criteria’s and definition of done is met before a task is closed.
- Identify and plan release level test activities and break these down into each SCRUM team’s backlog.
- Ensure that test case syntax, quality and structure is aligned between teams
- Collect and present key test metrics for product stakeholders to visualize quality of release.
- Test automation
- Verify user stories via creation of automated test cases (when applicable).
- Coordinate/coach developer’s contribution to the teams test automation activities.
- Be a driver in the evolution of test automation frameworks and tooling.
- Be a driver in process, scope and structure for testing.
- Actively contribute to cross product and team alignment and information exchange within the test and quality work domain.
- Analyzing and interpreting, getting to the heart of complex problems and issues.
Your Skills :
- Has a genuine passion for software quality and testing
- Experience in testing in a medium or large scale software development
- Understanding and hands-on experience in UI test automation, preferably on mobile platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or other relevant degree
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of agile development
- Proven track record in reading and writing/updating specifications, test plans, integration test scenarios etc.
- Programming experience to be able to identify causes to problems in the code base and communicate efficiently with developers
- Experience from Android testing frameworks such as Espresso and Appium
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English in speaking and writing
- Experience from unit testing frameworks such as JUnit is a plus
- Experience in BDD, Behavior-driven Development, ATDD, Acceptance Test Driven Development or TDD Test Driven Development is a plus
- An ISTQB-certificate (or ISEB, CSTE) is a plus but not required
- This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
- We only accept applications in English.
Make the right call, send us your application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.