Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have over 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Manager responsible for:
Core developer relations efforts to get top and high potential and growing African developers, startups to adopt truecaller SDK and related products that may come in future in a timely manner
• In African markets initially scale Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and nearby growth markets.
• Help in growing and scaling adoption of developer products starting with truecaller SDK in Africa starting with focus across Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and nearby growth markets
• Work with key developer and startup ecosystem players like industry bodies, startup investors, incubators, co-working spaces to first evangelize truecaller SDK and then ensure it becomes key part of their benefits and offerings to their startup and developer communities
• Align and deliver on the aggressive yet realistic business goals set for Developer Relations organization and Truecaller for Developers business unit from time to time
• Plan and drive targeted and high impact developer outreach initiatives to evangelize and create leads for Truecaller’s developer focused product/s, use cases, success cases and impact. These outreach initiatives have to be planned and executed with a good mix of digital and offline channels like events and clinics, product hangouts, webinars, case studies, partner led PR and more.
• Share product feedbacks, new use cases from developers with internal product teams to continue to evolve truecaller SDK to lead the industry in terms of product merit and adoption in mobile identity segment
• Spot and share competitive trends and insights and recommendations from the local African developer ecosystem within the organization
• Agile and quick in supporting needs of developers during onboarding, integrations and go live cycles. Overall helps in maintaining a high level of developer experience on Truecaller’s developer relation initiatives in Africa
• Work in tandem with marketing and PR teams to identity and execute win-win PR and comarketing initiatives with select and strategic truecaller SDK developers or brands or startups in Africa
• Explore potential cross pollinate opportunities that may arise in the developer engagements and collaboratively work with appropriate cross functional teams to help Truecaller position and deploy other relevant products from the stack
What we want you to have :
Good understanding of the Truecaller core product and its business offerings
• 5 plus years of proven track record in business development, evangelization & building product integration based ecosystem partnerships
• Well networked with the startup, developer and product community in key markets of Africa such Nigeria, Kenya and other countries with growing digital penetration.
• Good Experience in working and connects with the African developer, mobile and startup ecosystem
• Can understand and contribute to technical conversations, excellent demos on the product with external developers and internal stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial traits, proactive approach, good team player and Start-up experience
• Ability to visualize opportunities, challenges and solutions holistically