Remember the days when the phone rang and you didn’t know who it was? If it was the company you always dreamt working for? A call from a hospital trying to tell you someone close to you got sick? Or just that stubborn sales guy.
Our mission is to make it possible for you to know who’s trying to contact you, and also tell you when not to pick up. We want to remove all uncertainty, making your communication safe and efficient by separating the important stuff from the noise and create trust, no matter if it’s in the beginning of a call, in the middle of a transaction or at the end of a signature. We are building a platform which empowers our users to take control of their own digital identity and making their communication more safe and efficient.
Truecaller is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world. We have 100 million daily active users around the world with the strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for Truecaller’s backend development in Truecaller For Developers-The Developer platform business unit while providing know how in the full software development lifecycle.
Your challenge will be to build a scalable, secured and reliable system, while facing quickly growing global traffic. This will include producing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for large systems and coping with the challenges of working in a distributed and highly concurrent environment. You will also be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture; which includes designing microservices and researching about new alternatives and technologies.
As far as your technical skills, we’d love to hear about your experience of:
- Experience with Java or Scala
- Experience with microservice architecture, and patterns
- Experience with non-relational databases
- JVM – tuning and optimizing
- Play Framework
- Building Backend services roadmap and ownership as per product needs
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Good English skills, oral and written
Some other technologies that we use are:
- Reactive systems (Akka, RxJava or similar)
- Scala, Lightbend stack.
- Apache Kafka
- Cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform)
- Reporting tools for generation of analytics and statistics (e.g Graphite/Grafana/Promotheus)
- Get Shit Done
- Never Giving Up
- Helping Each Other
- Be Fearless
- Self-starter, motivated and fast learner. Not the one to take “NO” for an answer
- Problem Solver
- Good listening skills and receptive to suggestions, view points from others in the organization
- High level of integrity and a constructive team player
- Good communication skills
- Display qualities around
- We offer
- At Truecaller we have built a dynamic and diverse culture where we are keen on to take ownership of what we are doing, learn and develop ourselves and are willing to share their knowledge with others. We love experiment with new tools and technologies to push the envelope and be able to deliver the best product to our users and we believe that failure is half way to success. At Truecaller you will find challenges and a team with passion for what we do.
- This position is located in Bengaluru, India.
- We only accept applications in English.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.