Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller was born in 2009, Stockholm, Sweden, with the mission to provide more safe and efficient communication to everyone’s daily life. Today, Truecaller is loved by 170 million daily active users around the world, popular in South Asia, Middle East, Africa! We are the go-to app for Caller ID, spam blocking and payments.
We at the Messaging team, own everything under the messaging domain at Truecaller - building, transforming, optimizing existing and new features to make messaging more reliable and secure. Currently, we are building a business messaging experience that will help users to communicate with enterprises efficiently.
We are in search of someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. Willing to work with smart people and have fun building something great. Your challenge will be to build a scalable and reliable system while facing quickly growing global traffic. You will also be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture; which includes designing microservices and researching new alternatives and technologies together with the platform team.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of software development experience with Scala
- Solid experience with microservice architecture and patterns.
- Experience working in a complex tech environment
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience with Akka
- Good understanding and working experience with high load and low-latency distributed systems
- Good English skills, oral and writte
What will you work on?
- Building new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture.
- Effectively break down and scope of that work into workable chunks for 2 or more backend engineers.
- Design core backend software components.
- Build team cohesion and help them when they are stuck.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various systems.
More about Truecaller
Truecaller is a Swedish company founded in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden by Nami Zarringhalam and Alan Mamedi. The app began when our co-founders were just students who wanted to create a service that would easily identify incoming calls from unknown numbers. We have our strongest presence in South Asia, Middle East, Africa, and HQ in Sweden. We are backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. Please contact Aouri Pu, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What we offer:
- International teams - 25+ nationalities work together!
- Learning & sharing environment
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Flexible working hours
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.