Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts; like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scams calls and messages, identifying new numbers from anywhere in the world, and building a space for trustworthy conversations for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 250 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS
- A team of 250+ people, from 30+ different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
We, in the Messaging team, own everything under the messaging domain at Truecaller - building, transforming, optimizing existing and new features to make messaging more reliable and secure. Currently, we are building a business messaging experience that will help users to communicate with enterprises efficiently.
We are in search of someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. Willing to work with smart people and have fun building something great. Your challenge will be to build a scalable and reliable system while facing quickly growing global traffic. You will also be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture; which includes designing microservices and researching new alternatives and technologies together with the platform team.
What we expect from you:
- 7+ years working experience work with Java, at least 2+ years experience with Scala, leading experience
- Solid experience with microservice architecture and patterns.
- Experience working in a complex tech environment
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience with Akka
- Good understanding and working experience with high load and low-latency distributed systems
- Good English skills, oral and writte
What will you work on?
- Building new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture.
- Effectively break down and scope of that work into workable chunks for 2 or more backend engineers.
- Design core backend software components.
- Build team cohesion and help them when they are stuck.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various systems.
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: instagram.com/truecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates. Application in English. For more information please contact Aouri Pu our Talent Acquisition Partner via email@example.com.
What we offer
- An international team - 30+ nationalities working together!
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Learning & sharing environment
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting company parties & team activities – Running team, Geek lunch!
- Start the day with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee, and soft drinks
Truecaller is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within the company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status