ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
The analytics stack we have built has helped grow Rocket Money to over two million paying members. While we continue to rely on these tools, we've seen increasing headwinds that come with scale. Bigger and more complex queries, multiple joins across projects, and generally the challenges of having over 100 daily consumers pushing our analytics stack for answers. We've invested in building an Analytics Engineering team to create structure and good foundational patterns in our analytics stack that will allow us to scale in data volume, builders, and consumers, but we recognize there is more to do.
You'll get a chance to write code and collaborate with colleagues across the company to ship scalable, reliable, and observable systems that everyone can build upon and leverage.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our growth (marketing) and data analyst teams to deeply understand their work. Integrate data from various third party various sources and build value added data marts to support the analytics needs of our internal teams
- Become an expert in how modern marketing data is generated and continues to evolve. Have a finger on the pulse of the changes that are happening in the marketing industry and what is state of the art
- Team with our infrastructure engineering colleagues to incorporate new marketing data sources and make improvements to existing data pipelines
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering and business stakeholders to identify how we should capture data for new initiatives, as well as influence how we should implement changes that would affect existing data
- Work with your analytics engineering teammates to continuously iterate and improve upon how we use dbt
- Proactively refine and improve our analytics engineering architecture and tooling stack with the end consumer in mind
- Be an active participant in our code review process
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 4+ years of working in the analytics stack within a fast paced environment and are familiar with the growing set of analytics tooling solutions. You are very comfortable working in SQL
- You have an irresistible urge to understand the details of the data you’re working with. You love the puzzle of jumping into a messy data problem and peeling back the layers until you’ve figured out how everything works
- It’s second nature breaking down a complex problem into specific tasks and creating a plan for how to tackle those tasks. You feel comfortable taking the initiative to get started on a project and are not afraid of asking for help if you hit a road block
- You are comfortable working independently and making small shifts in priorities as circumstances change
- You see the value of accurate documentation and automated testing as one of the keys to scaling. You are a strong written communicator
- You have experience partnering with analytics teams, business stakeholders, and engineers to deliver analytics solutions to business problems. You are confident in your ability to speak with both technical and non-technical teams
- You find it enjoyable knowing a bit about adjacent technical areas and dipping your toes in when necessary
Bonus points if:
- You have 2+ years of production experience with dbt (particularly CI/CD) and some of the other portions of our analytics stack (BigQuery/GCP, Fivetran, Looker, Mode)
- You have experience working with marketing data (e.g. MMPs - we use Singular) and are familiar with a modern marketing data stack
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $130,000 - $170,000 + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.