ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
We are looking for an Associate Counsel to join our fast-growing team. As a core member of our lean legal team, you will report to our Head of Legal and be expected to further accelerate our velocity by working with the business to efficiently and proactively identify ways to mitigate risk and eliminate legal blockers. This role will help us continue to drive our business forward while enhancing our strategic goals and vision working collaboratively across business areas.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
Reporting to and working with our Head of Legal, you will:
- Act as a true legal partner to internal business teams on a variety of legal topics pertaining to vendor agreements, compliance, privacy, security, and financial regulations
- Provide strong technical and commercial excellence to identify legal risk and find innovative solutions to any issues that arise
- Collaborate with Head of Legal to manage external counsel when necessary
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements
- Build trust and support leadership and business stakeholders
- Stay apprised of relevant regulatory developments and work to ensure consistent product compliance across statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- JD degree & current admission
- 2-5+ years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Experience with a fast-growing startup environment preferred
- Ability to cover multiple areas of law and learn new areas quickly
- Ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess and communicate legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Financial regulation, payments/card, and/or compliance experience a plus
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Proactive personality and strong eagerness to learn about the business, the industry, and new areas of the law and applicable regulations
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $140,000 - $180,000 + bonus + benefits based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.