ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing team. In this role, you'll collaborate closely with product, engineering, design, marketing and the data team to better understand the needs and usage patterns of our members, build and deploy new features and models, iterate and optimize existing product experiences to help our members take control of their finances and improve their financial health.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will focus on the following types of problems:
- Working with product and engineering to predict when a member might overdraft their account based on their spending habits and account balances so that we can warn them in advance
- Working with a team to develop the next version of Autopilot - ensuring members have money in the right place at the right time for their near and long term goals
- Working with our engineering and data team to develop the next advances in transaction classification and categorization to better detect subscriptions and power our spending insights
- Working alongside our product and marketing teams to understand product usage and predict lifetime value and retention of our members and develop ways to serve them better
Regardless of the challenges you dive into, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in your area of specialty and be responsible for leading data projects from start to finish - making key decisions on both implementation and scope while balancing both technical and business goals
- Become an expert on our members: understanding their needs and financial goals and work with the data team to measure both their progress and ours
- Be a steward of good instrumentation and experimental design - designing analyses, models and products in such a way that they are measurable, testable, repeatable, and robust
- Maintain a high technical bar by participating in code reviews, product and technical design discussions, and focusing on maintaining a high degree of quality in our production data
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 4+ years of professional experience working in a data science capacity with some combination of Python/scripting language and relational database production experience
- You embrace the player and coach mindset - taking the lead on solving hard problems to further your own professional development while mentoring those around you in their growth trajectories
- You care just as much about why you're solving a problem as the types of problems. You want to understand context and the bigger picture of how the problem you're working on is impacting and benefitting our members
- Experience in one or more of the following in a professional capacity: customer modeling (LTV, Churn), time series prediction, natural language processing and classification, machine learning applied to consumer products
- You find yourself often building tools to help others solve their problems and try to follow a philosophy of continuous improvement and automation
- You want to continue to grow and optimize to your learning rate and are excited by hard problems and big challenges
- Experience with fintech, banking, and consumer transaction data is a plus
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Minimum salary of $150,000/year + bonus + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20), however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.