ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
Truebill is the personal financial assistant you always wanted! With a mission to improve the financial health of millions, we are transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. We save our users money and help them gain control over their finances by offering budgeting and saving tools, cancelling unnecessary subscriptions, and negotiating lower bills.
This past fall, we closed our Series B round of funding with $15 million, and now we are looking to hire a Full Stack Data Analyst as we continue to scale our team in the Washington, D.C. area.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
- You will own your data analysis pipeline from signal generation to stakeholder delivery for select teams.
- You will transform raw, multiple frequency data into unified, documented views that enable stakeholders self-discovery
- Curate and evolve primitive KPIs across marketing, finance and product into actionable views that empower analytics and experimentation
- Work with key stakeholders in the product, finance and marketing team to design KPIs - being a partner to answer the what and asking the why.
- Develop an expert understanding of how our product generates its telemetry and work with business stakeholders to identify hypotheses, estimate impacts and analyze experiments.
- Be an integral part of scaling the company - educating consumers, maintaining good documentation and raising the bar of data quality.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
The ideal candidate has practical experience turning raw, multi-sourced data into reliable stakeholder reporting. They welcome the ambiguity and rapid iteration cycles that come with building new things and understand and are comfortable with there being no correct answer. In their next position, the candidate seeks to work side by side with stakeholders to solve impactful problems that enable a business to scale. They’re interested in joining a team focused on accelerating the company through iterative experimentation and data product development while ensuring we have validated data to base our decisions off of. They'll be joining a talented team of varied backgrounds and experiences focused on improving financial health for millions of people.
- 3+ years in a similar position in the marketing, financial and/or product analytics space
- Extensive experience with SQL-like syntax, querying structured and semi-structured data (we use BigQuery) and building use case specific data views (we use DBT) for stakeholder analysis.
- Comfortable taking multiple raw data sources and amalgamating them, producing a programmatic analysis and generating visualizations and narratives. (we generally use Python but like the best tool for the job)
- Formal education in a quantitative field is nice to have
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to build informative dashboards (We use Mode, Chartmogul and Amplitude)
- Practical experience with digital experiments - comfortable discussing tradeoffs of impact, significance and sample size and able to advise stakeholders on bias and validation
- Reading your audience and adapting - you’ll be delivering your analyses to both founders and first day employees.
- Storytelling - being able to supplement the what with the why.
- Curiosity and a desire to solve hard problems in an imperfect world.
- Stakeholder management and prioritization.
- Thriving at the intersection of technical and business problems.
- Able to thrive in autonomy but backed by a solid, supportive data team.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.