You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
Mission of the Senior Account Manager
The Partner Success Manager will be responsible for driving Trellis/Savvy adoption within fintechs and financial institutions, maintaining mutually beneficial long-term relationships, and generating commercial value from our partnerships.
The Partner Success Manager will do this by working closely with existing and newly launched partners to drive accountability and realization of the full partnership value. The ideal candidate will be perfectly comfortable managing multiple large complex relationships simultaneously while still focusing on operational excellence and delivering results that accelerate growth.
Outcomes from the Senior Account Manager
- Partnership optimization & growth
- 30 Days: Have a holistic view of our Fintech partner network and a solid understanding of their business/relationship to Savvy/Trellis
- 90 Days: Have defined strategies in place to drive growth and adoption across different Savvy products
- 365 Days: Structured and repeatable process of maintaining a fast growing Fintech partner ecosystem
- 30 Days: Initial outreach and intros to all existing fintech partners. Develop a solid understanding if what it would take to keep growing each one of them
- 90 Days: Fully managed partner network generating the necessary MoM growth to achieve fintech team targets
- 365 Days: Outstanding service to our partner clients that will give us an edge over competitors
- 30 Days: Understanding of our Business Analytics and Product Analytics tools (Looker and Amplitude)
- 90 Days: Fintech specific reporting and monitoring systems in place that provide the team and partners with insights and recommendations to drive growth and additional profit.
- 365 Days: Full sales enablement support with the ultimate goal of hitting our growth targets
- 30 Days: Help onboard new partners and help us build a white glove partner onboarding process
- 90 Days: Outreach campaigns to help the fintech BD team to generate interest from potential targets and increase top of funnel activity
- 365 Days: Full sales enablement support driving growth and customer retention
- Relationship driven: Able to listen and connect with people to understand their needs and how to scale relationships
- Goal Oriented: Has no problem with ambitious goals and driving performance
- Tech-Savvy: Familiar with CRM platforms and BI/Product Analytics tools (Looker, Amplitude...). Able to leverage data to provide solutions that drive growth
- Great communicator: Appropriately communicates with different stakeholders in different situations. Able to clearly and effectively communicate our value proposition
- Creative: Able to look at things differently and provide creative solutions
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.