Trellis is Modernizing Insurance
Trellis is a venture-backed, high-growth, tech-enabled insurtech company bringing modern insurance experiences to top brands like Truebill (Rocket Mortgage), Albert, Chime, and MoneyLion.
Trellis operates 100% remote using best-in-class collaboration technologies like Zoom and Slack.
Our embedded insurance API's and technology bring the market's leading insurance products (e.g. Progressive, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and hundreds of others) into the apps and ecosystems where customers already manage their finances.
Our proprietary software allows consumers to digitally share their existing insurance information in order to instantly review a side-by-side comparison of prospective quotes against their existing rate and coverage.
Our team of dedicated, nationally-licensed agents provide sales and service over phone, email, and SMS – enabling a truly omnichannel experience that closes the gap between online and offline.
Trellis is led by third-time a fintech entrepreneur, Daniel Demetri, who has previously founded multiple fintech and insurtech startups that now operate as publicly-traded companies.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, such as General Catalyst, QED Investors, and NYCA Partners.
Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try out a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
Sell Insurance by Delivering a Fantastic Customer Experience
- Bind 40-60 new customers per month (depending on tenure)
- Bundle 1/2 of homeowner prospects
- Achieve a 19% close ratio
- Navigate dozens of insurers' products and agent portals – including Progressive, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and other top insurers – to find the best insurance options
- Utilize complicated, evolving software, such as our CRM and in-house comp rater
- Clearly communicate and advise customers on their insurance options
- Respond to customers quickly, clearly, and respectfully
- Base salary:
- Junior Agents (< 3 years experience): $40K
- Agents (>3 years experience): $50k if English-only, $55k if bilingual
- Weekend bonus: $5k/year for working some weekends (currently required)
- Bonus: Uncapped! $1,700/month for on-target production (effectively $28/bind)
- Bonus multiplier if you achieve a close ratio above 19%
- Bonuses available for putting in extra hours
- $25 bonus for every software bug identified and filed
- Additional bonuses coming soon
Traits & Capabilities
- You achieve or exceed ambitious goals. You're driven to succeed.
- You can think on your feet and multi-task.
- You can quickly adapt to new circumstances and environments.
- For example, you can sell a new insurer's products with minimal training.
- You can learn and master processes and execute them quickly and reliably.
- Good with computers
- You're usually teaching others how to use their computer to its fullest.
- Good communicator
- You understand customers concerns and know how to overcome their objections.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: all employees must complete a background check prior to starting employment with Trellis or its subsidiaries.
Trellis is a fantastic place to work
- Our #1 perk will always be our talented, passionate team that we call friends, mentors, and colleagues
- Best-in-class technology and culture dedicated to unlocking your life's best work
- 75th-percentile (competitive!) compensation
- 100% remote work environment
- Clear, flat, transparent culture; get in at the ground floor and be a true business partner
- Quarterly, fun team bonding events
- Budget for home office equipment
- Annual in-person company event
Trellis additionally offers competitive benefits:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Stock options with tremendous upside potential.