You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
The lifecycle marketing team owns the customer experience for Savvy users via email, SMS, and phone starting at the point of account connection on www.savvy.insure. The marketing manager will own lead nurture for our internal insurance agency and revenue per user by increasing engagement and expanding the user journey across multiple insurance products.
You’ll do this by becoming an expert on our customers, refining our brand voice and tone, and playing a hands-on role with copywriting, campaign creation, and experimentation. To be successful, you’ll combine best practices from DTC marketing and traditional sales funnel optimization to increase revenue—while supporting sales handoffs.
What you'll do:
- Create campaign briefs for automated email and SMS campaigns, including goal-setting, segmentation, triggers and attributes, campaign workflows, content creation, and tracking.
- Develop and execute an experimentation calendar with the goal of increasing engagement across campaigns; use data to inform prioritization.
- Build, QA, and deploy automated email and SMS campaigns in customer.io, ensuring execution is flawless.
- Develop voice, tone, and visual guidelines; apply to lifecycle campaigns using attributes and advanced logic.
- Communicate lifecycle updates internally, ensuring cross-functional enablement.
- You have 3+ years of experience in email marketing and know how to nurture leads on the path to Closed-Won.
- You have a proven track record of creating and deploying campaigns from scratch using tools like Customer.io, Braze, or Marketo.
- You have exceptional written communication with the ability to quickly tailor content for different audiences and channels.
- You understand differences in demographics and motivation and how to build smart segmentation.
- You approach the campaign process methodically, making it easy for stakeholders to understand project components and the logic behind them.
- You approach marketing decisions in a data-driven manner with a strong understanding of campaign metrics and a general understanding of attribution models.
- You break large projects or workflows into concrete steps, checking every box as you work towards completion.
- Experience with SMS marketing
- Experience with Looker
- Prior relevant experience in adtech, fintech, or insurtech
- Experience with early-stage, high-growth tech startups
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.