You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
The Partner Marketing Manager will be responsible for...
You will be responsible for helping to grow our critically important partnerships channel. You’ll manage and grow existing partner relationships and build a pipeline of new partners to scale this channel significantly.
You will be busy prospecting, evaluating, building, and managing long-term revenue-generating relationships that accelerate the growth and reach of Trellis products across the fintech ecosystem in the United States. This role requires a deep understanding of the partnerships function and experience managing large partner pipelines within either the Publishing or Fintech verticals.
- Identifying, developing and launching new partnerships that are relevant to Trellis’ business offering
- Owning partner prospecting, qualification, negotiation, and closing
- Effectively articulating our value proposition through the creation of decks, one-pagers, proposals, and other client-facing deliverables
- Working closely with other members of the Partnerships team to execute our strategy and hit our growth targets
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, and marketing to launch new partnerships
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications...
- 3-5 years of experience in partnerships, business development and/or enterprise sales.
- Relevant experience closing multiple deals (partnerships) ranging six- to eight-figures in annual value
- Comfortable with very aggressive growth targets
- Proven track record of high level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Extensive experience using web analytics tools (Looker, Amplitude) to make data-driven decisions
- Able to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills, great communicator/influencer, and critical thinker
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working in FinTech, Insurtech, or related services is preferred
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.