You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
Trellis is a Series Seed insurtech start-up based in SF (but operating 100% remotely since founding), and backed by top VC's led by General Catalyst.
Millions of Americans overpay for insurance, and millions more hold inadequate, duplicative, or overpriced coverage. Trellis solves this problem by providing modern API's and user experiences that allow policyholders to share their personal insurance information with apps and agents who can help them. Check out an example application at [www.savvy.insure](https://www.savvy.insure).
As Senior Product Analyst, you will be responsible for turning our wealth of data into actionable insights. You’ll work with our Product and Marketing stakeholders to shape the metrics and KPIs we use to run the business. You’ll build dashboards, identify and prioritize important analyses that support decision making, and help evaluate product launches. Your recommendations will lead to meaningful changes in our thinking and improvements to our products.
* Define and measure the metrics we use to run the business
* Create and maintain reports, models, dashboards, and visualizations that enable stakeholders to monitor our performance and gain insights
* Conduct one-off analyses to inform decisions around product strategy, project prioritization, and product behavior
* Ensure our internal and external reporting is reliable and timely
* Work with our engineering team to ensure we adequately track what we need to, including defining requirements for our data pipeline
* Ownership mentality
* Strong SQL skills
* Strong product sense and eye for good user experience
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication
* Self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done with minimal direction
* Experience designing and analyzing A/B tests
* Experience with Looker, including writing and maintaining LookML
* 3+ years of product analytics experience
* Familiarity with Google BigQuery
* Experience with early stage, high-growth tech startups
**What it's like here**
* 100% Remote
* Highly collaborative environment via Slack and Google Hangouts
* Fast paced and high impact
* Extreme Ownership: We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
* Speed: We work quickly and pragmatically.
* Grit: We're resilient and relentless against super hard problems.
* Collaboration: We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
* Craftsmanship: We're craftspeople constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.