Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
This is a 12 week summer internship opportunity
About the Role:
Trace3 is an innovation partner to more than 2000 companies and growing at a double-digit rate for over a decade. Trace3 Innovation collaborates with the industry, VC and start-up community, clients and internal Trace3 teams to identify, analyze and offer insights into emerging areas of technology such as private/public cloud, data intelligence, security, application/development and operations. The Trace3 Innovation Team identifies macro technology trends, technology practice areas, use cases and solutions across the market landscape. Solution partners from new start-up to industry incumbents are evaluated.
Under the general direction of the Director of Innovation, the intern is responsible for searching information on emerging startups and emerging use cases with the goal of understanding how it fits within the Enterprise IT landscape.
*** Location preferred to be in Phoenix, AZ, Denver, CO, or Irvine, CA ***
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN AND DO:
- Conduct secondary research to analyze investments in startups to determine possible trends
- Apply deductive and inductive reasoning to test accuracy of data
- Interpret data to bring out meaningful insights by correlating different data points.
- Supports the quality check process in the respective team
- Conduct technical reviews with the Research team with targeted companies and evaluate the findings
- Participate in research collaboration and client briefings with venture capital firms
- Assist the Sales teams to provide information to assist with client requests
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
ELIGIBILITY AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Excellent secondary research skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Problem solving skills and agility
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical documentation and artifact creation skills
- Enrollment in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate program or graduate program, at an accredited college or university
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to the Technology Innovation Researcher Internship
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better; People and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant’s transcript
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional setting is a plus
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accepts direction on given assignments
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire to help people
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging environment
- Availability to work 40 hours per week throughout the internship
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.