Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We want passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a bright, talented Product Design Manager who is passionate about brilliant customer experiences, and knows how to make them happen. The impact and scope of this role are huge, and you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success as we shape the future of our financial platform for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises.
As a Product Design Manager:
- You'll be responsible for the Product Design of a product area within the Tide app; understanding how it fits with the Tide strategy, shaping the vision and creating a cohesive, frictionless customer experience that works with other areas of the app.
- You'll be embedded in a cross-functional squad of Product Managers, Engineers, Agile Coaches, UX Writers, User Researchers and other Product Designers
- You’ll be responsible for all design artefacts, and working across all stages including initial discovery, research and journey mapping through to the execution of final high-fidelity designs
- You’ll be using - and adding to - the Design System and Tide Design Principles
- You'll seek a deep understanding of the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, gleaning previous insights, digging into usage analytics, or working with the Research team to frame your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving. So we can create products that save our members time and money.
- Working to make sure you aren’t just shipping great designs, but are using the design thinking process to ensure you’re designing the right thing for our customers.
- Advocating for customer value and delivering well-thought-through and accessible user experiences
- Influencing, guiding and negotiating with Product and Engineering teams and the wider company; bringing them inside the Design process and demonstrating the value of design thinking approach
- Seeking a balance between customer needs and technical constraints.
- Helping to raise the bar for design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team where every designer, researcher and UX writer plays a critical role in nurturing our community of practice—whether that's through honing our critical thinking skills, peer-reviewing colleague’s work, supporting others to grow their skills or sharing examples of great design with the wider team.
- You'll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all aligned and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
What makes you a great fit:
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant commercial experience in a comparable UX Design role
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
- In-depth knowledge of User Experience and Product Design methodologies - including Design Thinking - across the full range of user-centred design activities
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Figma
- Experience of the full cycle of Design Thinking, and awareness of how to implement this at scale within a growing business
- Led or played a key role in the design of world-class product design and launch in a fast-growing company before.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of working in a scale-up environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Being data-driven in your approach, with experience of using tools like Looker, Heap, GA, Hotjar or similar to inform your design.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Stock options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.