Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
Being part of Corporate IT Team, you should have experience in identity and access management. Working in a cloud native environment with zero trust networking principles.
You’ll be helping to architect and manage Tide’s identity implementation. Focusing on integrating all Tide SaaS-based tooling into Okta, responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all layers of IAM including Authorisation/Authentication and Account lifecycle in data repositories. This position will focus on technical integrations and administrative role-based access controls.
This role will encompass managing and refining a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) framework, where you’ll design and produce operational plans to enforce this, alongside managing and implementing sign-on solutions utilising federated technologies such as SAML2, OAuth2, OpenID Connect and LDAP
As a Workplace Identity Engineer you’ll be :
- Integrating and responsible for SSO, Implementation and maintenance of all corporate SaaS applications/tools, are behind Okta (SAML, OpenID, WS-FED)
- Managing/Creating/Provisioning all accounts for Tide’s large suite of corporate and engineering applications
- Planning, designing and executing RBAC solutions for the Organisation (birthright access, roles/department based access, Access reviews)
- Planning, designing and executing the user provisioning for the Organisation's apps (Lifecycle Management)
- Ensure the Organisation's security is maintained by setting up various Okta policies (MFA, Sign-on, Threat Insight)
- Automating tasks using Terraform/PowerShell or any other language/no-code or low-code platform by leveraging Okta API.
- Working on Okta Workflow to Specify Birthright access, Joiner-Mover-Leaver process and have Slack for application access request (self-service)
- Due diligence with different stakeholders to maintain Okta
What makes you a great fit:
- You have 5+ years of experience into Okta implementation
- You have extensive experience within IAM already, you bring that knowledge and expertise to support our existing colleagues
- You have strong troubleshooting skills in an IAM platform, we use Okta, but are open in terms of being able to support training for this particular software if you currently use one of the comparable alternatives
- You have knowledge of current security standards and protocols, including but not limited to SAML, SSO and LDAP
- You have experience or knowledge based on the next general security tooling defined around Zero Trust
- You have experience with Okta, (or any other Identity providers like Forgerock,Ping Identity or Saviyent) integrating applications and automating onboarding, offboarding and provisioning tasks
- You have knowledge of no-code or low-code platform or worked on Okta Workflows
- You are a self-starter and have a mindset to deliver tools and software to drive automation
- You have Okta Certification or any other Vendor’s Identity certification is an advantage
- You have passion for problem-solving and finding solutions to difficult situations
- You have knowledge of working in Start-ups and Financial industry is a big plus
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.