Department: Analytics & Insights
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As part of this team, you will be using your skills as an analytics and data science professional to help make better decisions and create wider impact using data by working with stakeholders to identify key problems, prioritise and solve these problems. You will be leading a team of analytics squad leaders (Lead Analysts) dedicated to various product verticals (3-4 squads), each squad will have 2-5 members of the data dojo ( Insights Analyst, Analytical Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers). You will be accountable for the Identification of business opportunities, prioritisation, and business alignment in order to ensure outcomes from these squads. You will also build and grow the team; to help them to support the business and coach them to actively solve business problems and hone advanced analytical skills. You will report directly in the Head of Analytics and work very closely with the stakeholders in Financial Services, Payment Services, Business Services and Credit services product verticals. As a trusted business partner, you will come with expertise in the areas of payments (Issuing as well as Acquiring).
This role will suit an individual who is keen to use their experience to coach and support other team members, drive delivery on OKR related and business critical projects and collaborate effectively with the Product and Analytics leaders. Some key challenges will consist in prioritising efforts in line with organisational objectives, managing high performing talent (10-15 tideans) and problem solving for the business verticals ( specially on payments and financial services).
As a Data Analytics Manager you’ll be:
- Owning the relationship with stakeholders and developing productive ways of working.
- Translating the business problems to analytical problems and solutioning in consultation with other stakeholders, Data pillar leads and squad leaders
- Refining work items with the business to the point where they can be worked upon
- Championing prioritisation, commercial mindset and capacity planning
- Leading multiple delivery squads ( consisting of Analysts, Scientists and BI Engineers) to help deliver on key projects and outcomes.
- Educating business stakeholders of all levels in their data maturity, specifically on creating their dashboards and how the data team can help solve their problems
- Communicating roadmap and milestones efficiently to key stakeholders and across the business
- Co-creating business cases for the analytical engagement and prioritising the analytical efforts
- Supporting the company wide analytics community to encourage development and collaboration including the support of data related events
What makes you a great fit:
- Experience of 10+ years leading large analytics squads/pods (15+) in analytical consulting firms/analytics & data science teams in fintech firms
- Subject matter expertise in the payments (issuing as well as acquiring) industry (minimum 4 years) delivering high impact projects of strategic importance.
- Excellent leadership skills - you have managed a team of analysts, engineers and data scientists before and coached them to become better versions of themselves
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You see opportunity and overcome organisational hurdles to achieve them
- Passionate about understanding and applying the use case of AI and ML to improve business performance
- Storytelling skills and the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to business users
- Unblock problems for your team- be it on querying data, understanding business logic or the best way to visually represent an information!
- Conceptual understanding of hypothesis testing and a high level understanding of the ML workflow.
- Good understanding of the business - you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- Ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- Strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- Self-starter - you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Learning & Development Budget
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.